Looking at Viola Cline more closely.
By Don Taylor
My half-sister Glennis is a DNA match on Ancestry.Com with several individuals who have common ancestors with Nathan Smith Morgan and his wife, Belinda [sometimes Malinda Odell. In the search to determine Glennis’ biological father, I am continuing to develop a tree of the descendants of Nathan and Belinda.
On the last DNA Day, 22 March 2018, I began to suspect that someone close to Viola Cline was going to be a likely candidate. I looked at a couple of Viola Cline’s grandsons and determined they were possible, but unlikely, candidates. I had quite a bit of difficulty tracing Viola’s daughters and their children. So, I thought I’d look at Viola again and see what I could learn.
I learned that Mary Corinne Huber married Roy Lee Ezzell. In the 1940 Census they still hadn’t any children. Placing them out of consideration.
I examined John Clifford Huber previously. His two sons are possible but unlikely candidates.
Genevieve married Chas (Charles?) Osborne. The 1940 Census indicates that they had 1 son who was a 1year-old so, he’s not possible.
Finally, Elenore Elizabeth married Wilmont Schlaff. They had a son (possibly living), who is not a candidate.
1. Descendants of John and Viola (Cline) Huber
|1.||Mary Corinne Huber||Married Roy Lee Ezzell
Married [Unk] Cook
|1.1||Possibly Living||Born 1944|
|2.||John Clifford Huber||Married Naomi Stewart|
|2.1.||[Possibly living]||Possible but Unlikely|
|2.2.||Roy L. Huber||Possible but Unlikely|
|3.||Genevieve Huber||Married Chas Osborne|
|3.1.||Possibly Living||Born 1939||Not Possible|
|4.||Eleanor Elizabeth Huber||Married Wilmont Schlaff||No apparent children in 1940 Census.|
There don’t appear to be any likely candidates from the descendants of Viola Cline.
I also took a look at the matches Glennis has on Ancestry.Com and GEDMatch.Com. Neither had any new matches that could shed light on Glennis’ DNA connections.
As such, next I’ll investigate the descendants of her four siblings.
- Fotilla Cline – born 1873/4.
- Amos C Cline – born 1875
- Forest Cline – born 1877/8
- Rufus Cline – born 1879.
Note – My Criteria:
- “Candidates” are males born between 1925 and 1935.
- “Not considered” are females who are unlikely to have had a male child between 1925 and 1935.
- “Not a Candidate” are males born between 1915 and 1925 as being too young to have had a son between 1925 and 1935 and too old to be a candidate.
- “Possible but unlikely” are males born between 1925 and 1935, but are not named Paul or Phil, which are the likely names of Glennis’ biological father, or otherwise don’t appear to fit the likely candidate who would have been in Minnesota or Michigan in 1953. I will revisit these possibilities later of this project fails to find a potential candidate.