Greetings and welcome to Don Taylor Genealogy.
I am available in the Greater Portland (Maine) area for genealogical presentations.
- In March 2018, I developed a 20-30 minute talk about my favorite websites. I presented it on March 26th to the Scarborough Public Library Genealogy Group. I also presented it to the South Portland Library Genealogy Group on April 18th, 2018. At both talks, I provided a handout of the websites I talked about. I have uploaded a copy of that handout, “Don’s Favorite Websites,” HERE.
- “Genealogical Organization” developed January 2018. Provides introductory level information regarding how to organize your genealogical information including computer software, online trees, and paper documentation.
- “Getting to Know You” was updated in March of 2017. It provides introductory level information about how to organize your family history research in software and paper environments. It approaches family history and genealogy as a means to get to know your ancestors. The presentation runs about 45 minutes to an hour including questions & answers.
- Another presentation I do is “Social Networking for Genealogists.” and also runs about 45 minutes to an hour with questions & answers.
My standard fee of $50 is negotiable depending on distance and venue.
I am available to support your genealogical research or provide genetic genealogical assistance. I charge $50.00 for the first three hours. The first hour is usually spent understanding your project goals (requirements).
This website is about:
- The family history of my ancestors — Roberts and Browns.
- The family history of my wife’s ancestors — Howell and Darling
- My grandmother’s incredible vaudeville career during the 1910s and 20s.
- DNA testing helped me determine paternal ancestry. Because of that and other experiences with DNA testing, I have become knowledgeable in genetic genealogy. I volunteer with the Maine Genealogical DNA Interest Group (Maine Genealogical DIG). I maintain their web page and write about my activities and experiences with genetic genealogy.
- I also write about other topics, including reviews and the trees of friends and extended family.
- I am the current (2018) president of the Greater Portland Chapter of the Maine Genealogical Society. As a chapter president, I am also on the Board of Directors for the Maine Genealogical Society.
- I lead a genealogy group at the Scarborough Public Library.
- I volunteer at the Scarborough (Maine) Historical Society and am on their Board of Directors.
- I help maintain (Co-administrator) the Maine Genealogical Society website.
- I have several Genealogy boards on Pinterest.
- I love good food and occasionally write about it at D Taylor’s Food and Travel.