Welcome to Don Taylor Genealogy.
- January 2020 – I developed a 35-45 minute talk/presentation about “Periodicals, Websites, and Listservs” in Genealogy.” The presentation was given at the Scarborough Public Library Genealogy Group (SPL-GG) on 27 January 2020. A PDF of the slide deck was uploaded to the SPL-GG’s Facebook Page.
- November 2019 – I developed a 35-45 minute talk about “Citations and Footnotes in Genealogy.” The presentation was given at the Scarborough Public Library Genealogy Group (SPL-GG) on 25 November 2019. The slide deck was uploaded to the FaceBook SPL-GG group page.
- October 2019 – I developed a 20-30 minute talk about “Sources for Finding Addresses” including links of where to find them. The presentation was given at the Scarborough Public Library Genealogy Group on 28 October 2019 and included the following:
- Census Records – 1940 Census
- Other Censuses
- “Where would you look?”
- Military Draft Records
- Public Records
- Where to Find.
- In March 2018, I developed a 20-30 minute talk about my favorite websites. I presented it on March 26th to the Scarborough Public Library Genealogy Group. I also presented it to the South Portland Library Genealogy Group on April 18th, 2018. At both talks, I provided a handout of the websites I talked about. I have uploaded a copy of that handout, “Don’s Favorite Websites,” HERE.
- “Genealogical Organization” developed January 2018. Provides introductory level information regarding how to organize your genealogical information including computer software, online trees, and paper documentation.
I am happy to assist people who have Scarborough, Maine, ancestors with the resources at the Scarborough Historical Society. I volunteer there most Tuesdays from 9AM To Noon.
This website is about:
- The family history of my ancestors — Roberts and Browns.
- The family history of my wife’s ancestors — Howell and Darling
- My grandmother’s incredible vaudeville career during the 1910s and 20s.
- DNA testing helped me determine my paternal ancestry. Because of that and other experiences with DNA testing, I have become knowledgeable in genetic genealogy. I volunteer with the Maine Genealogical DNA Interest Group (Maine Genealogical DIG). I write about my Genetic Genealogy activities and experiences here.
- I also write about other topics, including reviews and ancestor sketches for friends and extended family.
- I lead a genealogy group at the Scarborough Public Library.
- I volunteer at the Scarborough (Maine) Historical Society and am on their Board of Directors.
- I have several Genealogy boards on Pinterest.
- I love good food and occasionally write about it ocassionally at D Taylor’s Food and Travel.