To all whom it may concern:
Know Ye, that Asa Roberts a Private of Captain ??mon’s Company (I) 31st thirty-first Regiment of Illinois Vols who was enrolled on the 15th fifteenth day of August one thousand eight hundred and sixty one to serve three years, is hereby Discharged from the service of the United States this 26th twenty sixth day of July 1862 at Cairo, Illinois by reason of Chronic peritonitis and he is perfectly unfit for service.
Said Asa Roberts was born in Roane in the state of Tennessee is 26 twenty six years of age, five feet eight inches high fair complexion grey eyes dark hair and by occupation when enlisted a farmer.
Given at Cairo this 26 day of July 1862.
Wm K Strong
Brig Genl ??? Dist of Cairo.
- Asa Roberts enlisted 15 Aug 1861 for 3 years into Company I, 31st Regiment, Illinois Volunteers.
- He was discharged 26 July 1862 at Cairo Illinois due to Chronic Peritonitis.
- Born in Roane, Tennessee about 1836
- Description: 5’8”, fair complexion, Grey eyes, dark hair.
- Occupation before enlistment: Farmer